NVQ Level 3 in Bricklaying On Site Assessment
Course: On Site Assessment and Training NVQ Level 3 in Trowel Occupations
Cost: £1800 INC VAT, registration and certification
Deposit: £500 to be paid on application
Duration: 3-12 months dependent on candidates experience
What is OSAT?
OSAT which is formally known as On Site Assessment is aimed at those who have been working within the construction industry for a number of years. The assessment is targeted at candidates who already have the relevant skills and expertise, but have not achieved any formal qualifications. This assessment is designed to enable you or an existing employee to achieve a recognised qualification without disruption to daily routines.
What evidence contributes towards the qualification?
- Tracking Sheets
- Skill Scan
- Audio Recording
- Time Cards
- Site Plans & Drawings
The Qualification structure below specifies the combination of units that need to be achieved for the individual to be awarded the qualification. Qualification Title: L3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
Mandatory Units (credit value: 136) Units required: 8
- QCF209v2 Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- QCF210v2 Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- QCF211v2 Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- QCF40v2 Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- QCF41v2 Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- QCF48v2 Setting Out Complex Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- QCF49v2 Erecting Complex Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- QCF641 Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
Optional Units (credit value: 16) Units required: 1
- QCF42v2 Erecting Masonry Cladding in the workplace
- QCF44v2 Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- QCF45v3 Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- QCF47v2 Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace
- QCF50v2 Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- QCF639v2 Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- QCF66 Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- QCF67 Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
- In the event that we are required to travel a distance exceeding 50 miles, we will charge at a rate of 40 per mile.
- All deposits paid are non-refundable.
- Third parties who are paying for employees to undertake one of our courses must pay the full amount on application.
- Candidates enrolled onto the programme will be required to pay the outstanding course balance before the second visit commences.
How does the assessment work?
Whilst you are working on site you will be visited by your assessor who will guide you through each part of the process, observe you working and provide the highest levels of support until you complete your qualification.
- Assessment of the On Site projects by an accredited assessor
- The building of a portfolio of evidence
- Witness testimonials to accredit prior learning
- Underpinning knowledge questioning
- Health and Safety testing
- Training if highlighted at profile stage
How do I enrol on OSAT?
Step 1: The candidate will be required to complete a Construction Training Specialists (CTS) Skill Scan application form and CTS application form and return with either the full course fee or £500 deposit.
Step 2: The candidate is registered onto CSkills Awards registration and certification system. The candidate will then be allocated a time and date when they will be assessed.
How long does the assessment take?
The assessor may need to do a number of On Site visits so it is hard to judge the exact time it takes to complete the qualification. It’s very much dependent on the candidates experience and skill set. The assessment can take up to 3 – 12 months.
For a candidate to undertake this qualification they must have three or more year’s experience.The applicant must be self employed or must have a work placement to provide evidence on site.
Benefits of On Site Assessment
- Will enable you to apply for the appropriate CSCS card.
- Designed to accredit you or existing workforce with accredited qualifications without disruption to daily routine.
- Candidates are able to update their existing knowledge on Health and Safety
- Provides opportunities for further training if identified at initial profiling