Apprenticeship in Plastering
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in plastering qualification has been developed and designed to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence of individuals who specialise in plastering in the construction industry. For this Solid (basic) pathway, the learner will need to demonstrate skills, knowledge and understanding in core subject areas, such as General Health, Safety and Welfare, productive working practices and Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace.
They will also need to demonstrate occupational competence in Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces. Laying Sand and Cement Screeds to Levels and/or Falls , and one of the following occupational areas, Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes Producing External Solid Render Finishes -, Installing Direct Bond Dry Linings, Applying Projection Plaster and Maintaining Equipment, Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard.
Achievement of this qualification provides the learner with the opportunity to progress on to further qualifications such as CSkills Awards Level 3 Diploma in Plastering, CSkills Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plastering, CSkills Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision, Level 3 Construction Apprenticeship Framework.
As part of your apprenticeship you will also:
- Work towards your Level 2 Diploma in Plastering
- Work towards your NVQ Level 2 in Plastering
- Work towards your Functional Skills (if required)
- Work towards the Employer Rights and Responsibilities qualification (ERR)
- Work towards your Personal Learning Thinking Skills (PLTS)
(credit value: 28) Units required: 4
- QCF641 Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the As part of your ￼Workplace
- QCF642 Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- QCF643 Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- QCF65 Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces in the Workplace
(credit value: 11) Units required: 1
- QCF66 Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace ￼
- QCF67 Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
- QCF68 Installing Direct Bond Dry Linings in the Workplace
- QCF69 Laying Sand and Cement Screeds to Levels and/or Falls in the Workplace
- QCF70 Applying Projection Plaster and Maintaining Equipment in the Workplace
- QCF71 Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard in the Workplace
Download our Apprenticeship Prospectus here: