Apprenticeship in Glass and Glass Related Distribution and Warehousing NVQ Level 2 Certificate
This qualification is aimed at those who undertake activities in the Distribution and/or Warehousing of glass and glass related products. This could include those involved in receiving products, storing them in the warehouse, and handing over goods to customers, either in the organisation’s premises or by delivery vehicle. The qualification has been written in a way to allow employees from companies, of all sizes and specialisms, equal opportunity to complete.
It is not expected that candidates working in this specialist part of the glass industry all do the same activities: the qualification is structured to endure that there is a high degree of flexibility in qualifications. The standard covers the most important aspect of the job. This qualification is at Level 2, although some units may be at different levels, and should be taken by those who are fully trained to deal with routine assignments. Candidates should require minimum supervision in undertaking the job.
As part of your apprenticeship you will also:
- Work towards your Level 2 Certificate in Glass Related Operations
- Work towards your NVQ Level 2 in Glass and Glass Related Distribution and Warehousing
- Work towards your Functional Skills (if required)
- Work towards the Employer Rights and Responsibilities qualification (ERR)
- Work towards your Personal Learning Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- GDW001 ￼Maintain Health and Safety in the glass and glass related Distribution/ Warehousing ￼Working Environment.
- ￼￼AG3 Communicate and work with others
- GDW005 The principles of glass and glass related Distribution and Warehousing
- GDW002 Receive, handle and store glass and glass related products into the Warehouse
- GDW004 Select and prepare glass and glass related products for delivery
- GDW006 Deliver glass and glass related products to customers in the Glass Distribution working environment
- GDW007 Select and handover glass and glass related products to customers
- GDW008 Select and handover glass and glass related products to customers in Glass Distribution/ Warehousing Working Environment
- GDW009 Dealing with customer returns of glass and glass related products
- GDW003 Carry out quality checks in glass and glass related Distribution and Warehousing
- GDW013 Use of mechanical equipment in the glass and glass related Distribution and Warehousing working environment
- GDW015 Environmental Issues in the glass and glass related working environment
Download our Apprenticeship Prospectus here: