Need a Labourer CSCS Card?
Green CSCS Cards have changed!
- Since 1st July 2014 Green Construction Site Operative Card will no longer be issued
- Labourers have been required to have a QCF Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
What is the QCF Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment?
This is a one day course which can be for those who are currently working in or are about to start working within the construction industry. The course will give delegates an awareness of Health & Safety and how this fits into their daily role. This course can be used as preparation training for the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test or as refresher training and you will gain the AWD057 Unit qualification as part of the learning experience.
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English and a basic understanding of Health and Safety.
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others;
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled;
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site;
- Legal requirements and liabilities;
- Working at Height;
- Manual handling;
- Fire prevention;
- Work equipment;
- Occupational Health.
The course is highly interactive course delivered by means of classroom discussions, group work and individual/group presentations.
Candidates will be continuously assessed and will have to successfully complete an End of Course Examination (multiple choice test).
Employers who are registered with CITB, have completed a levy return and have a CITB approved Training and Development Plan can include the Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment in their claims.
Duration of Course:
One day attendance with research and self study.
£156 INCVAT (cost includes the necessary publications registration/certification and refreshments).
GE707 – Safe Start Safety handbook – It is recommended all candidates purchase the GE707 Safe Start Safety handbook in preparation for the course.